Thanks you so much for listening to our feedbacks<gwmw class="ginger-module-highlighter-mistake-type-3" id="gwmw-15548828391769041974957"> !</gwmw> Having those templates helps a lot, not just for prototyping, but also just to learn how a game engine works. Continue the good work!
Side-Scroller Character Template Add-On1
A downloadable asset pack
Side-Scroller Template Add-On1
About this Assetpack:
This is a massive add-on for the side-scroller character template. It enhances every aspect of the original and you can prototype even more animations with it!
The really tedious setup-work for animations is done and it’s usable for prototyping right out of the box.
This Add-on comes
with an enhanced moveset and crouch animations for all combat
animations of the original template. On top of that there are interaction animations, for pulling levers, pushing blocks and much more.
The character itself comes as gray scale version or in a 3-color NES-style.
If you got basic art skills, due to it’s simple design and multitude of frames this template can get easily enhanced for specific needs, frames can be rearranged and slightly edited to create completely new moves.
If you have more artistic skills, or want to bring an artist in your project later on, the gray scale image can serve as solid base for adding details or your own character-design on top of it, while saving production time and iteration time, because you'll know exactly what frames your project needs.
This Set Includes:
Animations: 26 Animations with a total of 270 unique Frames:
- Stand Idle (8 Frames)
- Go In/Out of sitting (4 frames)
- Sitting Idle (4 frames)
- Jump Midframe (1 Frame)
- Jump Contact (2 Frames)
- Jumpkick (2 Frames)
- Doublejump (8 Frames)
- Front Dash (8 Frames)
- Pulling Lever (10 Frames)
- Pushing Small Blocks (12 Frames)
- Pushing Heavy Blocks (18 Frames)
- Shimmy / Char Climbing Along Ceiling (20 Frames)
- Walking Stairs Up (8 intro, 8 loop, 8 outro Frames)
- Walking Stairs down (7 intro, 8 loop, 8 outro Frames)
- Swinging (18 short, 18 middle, 18 long Frames)
- Punch Crouch Attack (4 Frames)
- Sword Crouch Attack (4 Frames)
- Flail Crouch Attack (6 Frames)
- Spear Crouch Attack (7 Frames)
- Axe Crouch Attack (7 Frames)
- Cast Magic Crouch Attack (9 Frames)
- Bow Crouch Attack (13 Frames)
- Greatsword Crouch Attack (9 Frames)
- Greataxe Crouch Attack (13 Frames)
- Animated Lever (8 Frames)
- Small and Big Push-Blocks
- Ceiling Block with the ceiling ladder
- Ceiling Ring
- 2 styles, gray scale & 3 color NES version
- Sprite atlas collection for enhanced moveset, pulling levers, crouched atkset, stairs and swinging
- Every animation saved as .png ready to use (named with strip/frame count)
- Animation WIP-files (.gal)
- Preview Gif Files
- Readme & Notes
While the sprites use NES aesthetics, this asset pack is not optimized for the NES as console. In case of real NES development sprites have to be cut and/or optimized to fit in the hardware limitations.
Other asset packs in this series:
Important: By buying the Asset you also agree to the following Licence Agreement which outlines the exact Term's of Use: Cyangmou's Itch.io Licence Agreement
You MUSTN'T redistribute the assets as your own, or use them in any printed media, or as design basis for any physical product.
For more information follow me:
on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Cyangmou
on Deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/cyangmou
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $29.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Side-Scroller Template Add-On - Launch!Apr 08, 2019