You should include a license file in the zip files.
Pixel Side-Scroller Plains Tileset
A downloadable asset pack
Simple Side-Scroller - Plains Tileset
About this Assetpack:
This assetpack contains graphics to build a grassland level with a forest as day & night versions. The tiles are sorted and arranged in multiple ways and there are multiple files, which can be comfortably used with Game Maker Studio 2 or in a software like Tiled.
There is a basic animated character template and a slime enemy included - both have multiple animations
This Set Includes:
Character Animations (27 frames):
All character files are saved as animation strips, the .gal working files are delivered and they come in 2 styles - 3 color grayscale (for editing) and in a 3-color NES style.
- crouch (1 frame)
- gettinghit (1 frame)
- death (1 frame)
- atk sword (4 frames)
- stand (1 frame)
- stand ready (1 frame)
- idle ready (10 frames)
- run (6 frames)
- jump (1 frame)
- falling (1 frame)
Enemy Animations (25 Frames):
- basic stance (1 Frame)
- defence + stance (2 frames)
- idle (4 frames)
- walk (4 Frames)
- attack (4 different frames, 2 holding)
- death (8 frames)
Props (3 elements):
- bonfire (animated with 8 frames)
- tikitorch (animated with 8 frames)
- treasure chest (animated with 8 frames)
Tilesets as Day and night versions:
- basic tileset with cliffs, grass, trees and plants (40 tiles 16x16 + 1 midground tree + 1 foreground tree)
- basic tileset for wood constructions with ladders, slopes, connections to tileset 01 (60 tiles 16x16)
- basic tileset for midground cave elements (16 tiles 16x16)
- basic tileset for sky and bg trees (29 8x8 tiles)
- basic night tileset with moon & stars (9 8x8 tiles)
- foreground tileset (GMS2 autotiles) - 26 new tiles for mapping single
tile wide foreground levelbits. There are templates which should help with placing the tiles.
- midgroud tileset (GMS2 autotiles) - 34 new tiles for mapping single
tile wide midground levelbits. There are templates which should help with placing the tiles.
- GMS2 Autotile tilesets as add-on versions for basic tilesets for non GameMaker users (60 tiles, differently sorted)
- 8 pre-build cloud-shapes for quick usage
- 2 background elements day, 3 background elements night
- 2 midground elements (day & night)
- 2 simplified parallax tiles (day & night) for easy use in engines like unity
All as Day & Night versions:
- 2 Mockups with 2 layered psds with all tiles how they should be mapped & the layers saved as .png files
- a notes file with hints and links (read it!)
- NES palette which was used for all assets
Does this set fit together with any other assetpacks?
There are a couple more tilesets in the same style, some game props (e.g. lights and destructible containers) and there are various assetpack add-ons for the character available, which will greatly enhance the movement.
check out all the available content for the Simple Side-Scroller series with this link:
Will you keep this assetpack updated?
There are chances that I will extend this set later or add other assetpacks to my store which will fit together with this pack. Every asset I sell supports my itch shop and the money from sales gets invested into the creation of new assets.
This tileset already received 4 Updates and is more than twice as big as at release!
Quick Licence Overview:
-You CAN edit and repurpose the assets.
-You CAN use the assets in commercial and free projects.
-You MUSTN'T redistribute / resell the assets.
-You MUSTN'T use the assets in any printed media or physical product.
Important: By buying the Asset you also agree to the following Licence Agreement which outlines the exact Term's of Use: Cyangmou's Itch.io Licence Agreement
For more information follow me:
on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Cyangmou
on Deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/cyangmou
In order to download this asset pack you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- V1.6 - Stairs, simplified parallax layers & fixesDec 30, 2020
- V1.5 - 60 new tiles + props + huge tree + new structureDec 26, 2020
- V1.4 - 40 new tiles + GMS2 autotiles + shoppage UpdateDec 22, 2020
- V1.3 - 26 new tiles + Game Maker Studio 2 autotile file formatsDec 21, 2020
- Plains v1.2 - Night Versions & Slime EnemyNov 27, 2018
- Plains v1.1 - now with 22,5° slopesNov 24, 2018
- Plains Tileset - ReleaseNov 23, 2018
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
the licence is linked online and the same for all assets and shouldn't change, except probably clarification on certain points.
Since it very well can be that specific questions get clarified in the FAQ (which can happen especially If I release something which is kinda new, e.g. with the controller button packs and/or template sets) and then I'd have to reupload all assetpacks with a new file which simply takes a ton of time whenever this case happens.
If you want to have the licence, just copy paste it and save it from the googledocs.
Thanks for your understanding.
Thanks, this will be useful. I'm currently attempting to extend this by adding some 22.5 degree slopes, whilst they don't look anywhere near as good as your 45 degree slopes, using yours as a starting point is a massive help for a non pixel artist like myself :)
I added the requested graphics to the set, since this seems like an useful addition.
If you have some time and want to help me out as well, please consider to rate the sets, since this helps discoverability on itch and hopefully leads to more possible additions down the road.
Have a great day =)
Awesome thank you very much, your 2:1 slopes are so much better than mine (not surprising!) really appreciate you adding these. No worries, I'll rate all of my purchases from your store. Take it easy!